Saturday, October 9, 2010

Maus 1 again

I really enjoyed the discussion on Wednesday about Maus 1.  I feel as though the class really got into this one and a lot of people had a bit of input.  I think the fact that it dealt with the holocaust peaked a lot of people’s interest or at least feelings which was made for a very interesting class period. 
What I liked most about Maus was that it had some good history behind it and it was something I could relate to more.  I’m not a huge comic person, I honestly don’t think I’ve ever read one cover to cover before so it’s been hard to relate and put anything substantial in up to this point.  With my interest in World War 2 I actually know a little bit about what’s going on and can throw in a word or two now.
To reiterate my last post I’m really enjoying the style of the story, how it’s a talk between a father and a son.  It reminds me a lot of the talks I’ve had with my grandfather in the past about his time spent in the Army serving over in Europe.  I’m sure it must have been a very good bonding experience for author and his father.
With the talk that occurred on Wednesday I’m very excited to see how the discussion goes next Wednesday after we’ve all read Maus 2.  I have not yet read Maus 2 so I’m also excited to see where the story goes now.

No comments:

Post a Comment